This error can be frustrating for those who do not like playing with technical gadgets. In this type of error, a piece of paper usually gets jammed inside the printer and blocks it during printing. To solve this problem, the user may have to lift some components of the printer. There are possible instructions by Canon printer support for such errors by specific printer models, but it can also be time-consuming.
The following blog describes possible steps to eliminate paper jam errors in Canon printers.
Before doing any troubleshooting, we have to cancel the blocked print jobs by clicking the Cancel button on the printer.
- Now turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from both ends
- Remove installed paper from the paper tray
- Open the paper output tray carefully
- Look for the paper particle trapped under the FINE cartridge holder.
If a particle of paper is trapped under the right cartridge holder, move it to the right or left edge and remove the paper. Be sure to hold the right cartridge holder properly and slide it to the left or right.
- If the paper is rolled inwards, gently pull the jammed paper outward, holding it in two corners.
- After holding the two corners, pull it gently to avoid tearing the paper
- Make sure there are no more paper jams inside the printer –
- Take a battery and look for any torn pieces of paper inside the printer and remove it without damaging the printer hardware.
- Now close the paper output tray and load the straight, crease-free paper.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges if they were removed during the process
- Now reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
- Load the correct and recommended paper into the paper tray
- Consult Canon printer customer service, if you still get a paper jam error on the screen
- Also, contact the Canon Printer Service Center if you cannot remove the jammed paper as improper handling can damage your printer and damage the hardware.